Saturday, January 30, 2010

Networking for Professional Learning

For the current course I'm taking in my master's degree, we were given an assignment to investigate two educational networks on the Internet and describe how joining them might impact our professional practice. Our final product was to be in the form of a PowerPoint presentation.

I thought folks might benefit from seeing the final product. It might give you incentive to investigate the joining of professional networks or just give you another way to tell your colleagues of their possible benefits.

We were sent to this list of educational networks to pick our two groups to investigate. It's in a wiki format; I actually added The Educators' PLN, corrected a listing for TCEA's Ning, and added a listing for the TCEA Annual Convention and Expostion while I was there.

If you are looking for a group of similar professionals to join and learn from and with, you might want to check the list out. Also add other quality networks you know of if they aren't already listed there.

I decided to investigate networks I had not previously joined. You can learn about them in the presentation below. Please let me know if you find this beneficial or useful!
Disclaimer: Presentation was not made orally; it was uploaded for grading because I am getting my degree via distance education. I would not normally put this much text on PowerPoint slides!